Timothy McCormack, a grazier and horse breeder from Wheeo near Crookwell, NSW, leased the Homestead reverted it to a fine grazing property, introduced mechanised farming, planted cereal crops and improved pastures. He moved here with his wife Mary and family in 1927. Tuggeranong became a lively centre for sporting events and social life and supported three generations of McCormack family enterprises, continuing an established farming tradition and producing world class fine Merino wool. The land was compulsorily resumed in 1974 by the Commonwealth Government for suburban development and only about 70 acres remain from the original 1500 acres.
Tim McCormack built a racetrack on the property and initiated the Tuggeranong Racing Club. McCormack won the inaugural Canberra Cup with his horse ‘Spec’.